Writing a press release is a great way to get exposure for your business, service or product without spending a lot of money. It’s an excellent way to make important announcements to interested readers.
Here are some examples of when a press release would be a good idea:
1. Submit a press release about a trade show or seminar you’re hosting or attending.
2. Write a press release about a free class you are teaching that would be of interest to the public.
3. Create a press release about your new web site, or any awards your web site has won.
4. Write a press release about any awards you may have personally won.
5. Create a press release about products or services you’re giving away.
6. Submit a press release about a business association or club you’re starting.
7. Write a press release about a famous person who’s endorsing your business.
8. Create a press release about a partnership you are creating with another business.
9. Submit a press release about a new book or e-book you wrote.
10. Write a press release about major sponsorships you’re involved in.
11. Inform the public about a contest you’re having.
12. Write a release about any charitable projects you’re involved in—especially during the holiday season.
13. Announce your appearance on a radio or television program.
14. Announce the start of your new internet radio show.
15. Write a release if you’ve been invtied to speak at a conference or other type of event.
If you think of any other reasons, please feel free to add them here.