Baby Boomers Unhappy With Their Sex Lives

Read Time:59 Second

Here we go again.  Another article about baby boomers and their sexuality.  In a previous post, I wrote in response to an article titled:  Should Sexy Stop at 60?  Today, another article has appeared indicating Middle-Aged Americans Unhappy About Sex.  According to the story posted on the NPR website, only 7 percent of people between 45 and 65 describe themselves as extremely satisfied with their sex lives. And nearly a quarter of the middle-aged Americans say they are dissatisfied.

Once again, here’s the problem:  Out of nearly 80 million baby boomers, only 945 people were interviewed.  The folks conducting the survey, Knowledge Networks, are based out of California, so the question is, did they only interview California residents and why such a low number of respondants.

Also, if only 24 percent of those surveyed said they were dissatisfied, what’s the story with the other 76 percent and why do the headlines paint such a dismal picture of a baby boomer’s sex life?

NY Post headline:  Baby boomer generation unhappiest group when it comes to sex life:  poll

As a journalist, I know it’s all in how you slant the story.  Now, you know too.

Happy
Happy
0 %
Sad
Sad
0 %
Excited
Excited
0 %
Sleepy
Sleepy
0 %
Angry
Angry
0 %
Surprise
Surprise
0 %

Average Rating

5 Star
0%
4 Star
0%
3 Star
0%
2 Star
0%
1 Star
0%

3 thoughts on “Baby Boomers Unhappy With Their Sex Lives

  1. I am guessing that many boomers are not only dis-satisfied with their sex-life but also many other aspects of their life too.

    Just look around…

    Good news is – it doesn’t have to be that way.

    Life as a Baby Boomer can be pretty good.

    The sex too…

  2. Over-50,
    I totally agree with your comment that it’s all in how you look at it. Too many people see their glass as “half empty” instead of the other way around. Thanks for stopping by and leaving a comment. I’ll be sure to check out your site.

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *

CommentLuv badge

This site uses Akismet to reduce spam. Learn how your comment data is processed.

Previous post Should Sexy Stop at 60?
Next post Baby Boomers and Holi-Dating