Whether we like it or not, we will always be judged by 3 things:
- How we look
- How we act
- How we speak
If your child is preparing for college, trying to get a job,or just needs to enhance their communication skills, you can help them gain the advantage by signing them up to work one-on-one with a Communications Coach like me. I have created a Your Time to Shine Workshop series. These interactive and engaging COMMUNICATION sessions are uniquely created to help them navigate the journey that lies ahead.
“It’s All About That ACE!”
Interactive Interviewing and Networking Workshop Part 1
- Understanding how to ACE the interview process – phone interviews, screening interviews etc.
- The right language and words to use to ACE the interview – How to communicate your experience in an effective way.
- How to ACE the questions about your previous job experience (when you have none)
- The five (5) body languages that will make or break your interview
- How to dress to impress to ACE the interview
- How to follow-up after the interview to get the desired results and get called back for a final interview. ACE it!
- The differences between Business Networking and Social Networking. Why networking is important, when to do it, and how to do it effectively
- The importance of being on you’re A-game and VISIBLE
- How to create an A-list “circle of influence”
- How to build your ACE Brand
Public Speaking/Social Presentation Workshop Part II
- The Importance of First Impressions and Introductions – How to make great ones
- How to Speak with Confidence
- Overcome stage fright
- Non–Verbal Communication – eye contact, gestures, facial expressions
- Verbal Communication–volume, rate, tone, expression, emotion
- How to build your vocabulary
- How to prepare a speech
- The effectiveness of Storytelling
- Inspiring Audiences – enthusiasm, excitement, passion, confidence, sincerity
- Persuasive Speaking – articulating ideas and evoking emotion
Not only are these workshops educational, they are also fun, engaging and led by a team of professionals who are committed to servicing youth in the community!
To learn more, contact Beverly Mahone at 919-935-8069 or email firstname.lastname@example.org.
BAMedia: “It’s Your Time to Shine so find your voice and prosper.”
“It’s All About That ACE”
A great Attitude + good Communication skills = EXCELLENCE
About the Workshop Presenter:
Beverly Mahone is a veteran television journalist, trainer, author, radio talk show host, and motivational speaker. Her broadcasting career has taken her to Ohio, West Virginia, Boston, New Hampshire, North Carolina and Guantanamo Bay, Cuba.
After spending more than 30 years in the radio and television news business, Beverly decided to use her expertise to create BAMedia. As a media trainer/consultant, she works with individuals on how to find their individual voices and prosper in their careers and in life.
If you ask her, she’ll tell you her greatest challenge has been her now-grown daughter— who used to believe the whole world spoke “ebonics!” Through Beverly’s constant nagging about the importance of “good grammar” and teaching her daughter how to market herself to get a job, Beverly discovered she has a sincere passion for helping young people and has become committed to helping them succeed in their professional and personal lives. As a result of her youth volunteer work and youth-based focus groups, she has created the Your Time to Shine Workshop Series, which provides tools and resources young people need to market themselves professionally and with confidence. She, along with a team of young professionals, have come up with an engaging, fun and inspiring way to educate young people!
Beverly has appeared on numerous radio and talk programs including MSNBC-TV and the locally-produced My Carolina Today. She was also featured in the New York Times for her first book. She has written four books total including the Amazon Best Seller, How to Get on the News Without Committing Murder and has written for, or been covered by the Huffington Post, Forbes, and Newsweek magazine.
Here’s what’s being said about the Your Time to Shine Workshops for Young Adults and Teens………..
I’d like to thank you for taking the time to come to our class yesterday, Your experience is invaluable and really made your message shine.
Your presentation was both fun and informative. It challenged me to think of social media and networking as an important tool, fundamental to establishing strong professional connections.
Thank you for this wonderful opportunity, I look to forward to learning more about Public Allies.
Sincerely, Justin Cooper